Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

OM Lawsuit Update

Sorry, I've been a bit swamped with work, but SIW has some updates.

Here, Steven starts to take apart the brief filed by Feder/Greenbaum.

And here, Steven links the response to Greenbaum's brief by my attorney, Paul Alan Levy of Public Citizen. Let's just say that it's a delicious read, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I particularly loved the part where Levy rips apart Greenbaum's initial (and completely false) claim that I "called her an anti-Semite" and that I "wrote that my concern revealed an anti-Semitic agenda". He then proceeds to demolish her post hoc claim that my response to her original complaint - where I said that it was false and completely unsupported by the evidence she filed - was defamatory. It's particularly hilarious to consider the (il)logic of Greenbaum making a false claim in her initial complaint, and then claiming defamation when I point out the falsity of her claim.

He also makes it quite clear that though Greenbaum asserts again and again that my claims were "false", nowhere does she even begin to show evidence of the falsity of my claims or attempt to indicate what the truth actually is. Her claim was false, I said so, and I was right. Nothing false, defamatory or actionable in that.

All in all, I think the response is quite devastating to Greenbaum's position.

Read. And enjoy.

Update: Ezzie likes the response too.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the papers are great. i dont see how feder could respond well to these.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nowhere does she even begin to show evidence of the falsity of my claims or attempt to indicate what the truth actually is

You are right OM but believe me, Feder will construct some sort of lame response because - this isn't about EVIDENCE or TRUTH - its about a bruised ego, a knee-jerk reaction and being RIGHT.

Unfortunately the court will want hard, black & white proof. And the Truth, as you know - is an absolute defense.

You Go OM!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Scraps said...

Your lawyer is a very, very wonderful man. :-D

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, OM, what are you going to dress up as at the hearing tomorrow?

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when is the hearing??

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"when is the hearing??"

9:30 AM at NY Supreme, 80 Centre Street in Manhattan. It will be a bloggers' convention!!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spyware nuker -
spyware stop -
sunshine 4u -
the bad breath report -
the cash1234 system -
thedietsolutionprogram -
the diet solution program -
the free car -
the lazy marketer -
tonsil stones remedies -
truth about abs -
truth about diets -
turbulence training -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
violin master pro -
warp speed fat loss -
wedding speech 4u -
xp repair pro -
yeast infection no more -
2ip hosting -
10 minute forex wealth builder -
30 minute back links -
500 love making tips -
acid alkaline diet -
advanced defrag -
affiliate jackpot -
anti spyware -
art of approaching -
battery reconditioning -
blogging to the bank -
burnthefat -
burn the fat -
carb rotation diet -

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home