Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

JIB Awards

As I noted on Sunday, nominations have been opened for the JIB Awards. Some kind readers (or family members) have already nominated me in a few categories. But I looked them over, and I'm not quite sure in which category I belong.

I was nominated (twice!) in the Best Personal Blog category. Which doesn't seem all that off, until I read the description:
To be considered a personal blog, a blog must deal predominantly with the blogger's life, and must feature Jewish or Israeli themes.
My blog definitely deals with my life - but predominantly? I'm not sure.

I have the same problem with some of the other categories, Best Jewish Religion Blog, Best Jewish Culture Blog, Best Politics and Current Affairs Blog. I have all of those elements in my blog - but are any of those element predominant in my blog? is that even an objective question?

So what's a girl with an eclectic blog like mine gonna do? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, I am perfectly cool with nominating myself for Best Post - that's really a self-nomination kinda category, I think. But I'd love a little reader input on which of my posts you guys think is my best. So if you have a few minutes, give a look through my archives, and tell me what you think. My picks so far:
9/11
Drive-By Jewish Mothering
Some Words to The Wise To My Children's Teachers And Administrators
What do you guys think?

Also, I have been nominated for Best Series, for the Heroine Of The Day series. And I was also nominated for Best New Blog - hard to believe that I'm still considered a new blog when there are so many bloggers who started up after me!

Well, anyway, thanks for the nominations, Anonymice!

Biggest props to Dave at Israellycool for all the work he's putting into this endeavor. He's a good guy.

Update: More best post picks. Krum suggests this one, DovBear suggests this. Thanks for playing, guys.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre best culture. its obvious.

9:57 AM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

The categories are not so kind to blogs that are not niche specific - perhaps something to remedy next year,

A case can be made for your nomination in all the categoried you mention, but when you are up against blogs which are tailor-made for the category, it is a bit deflating.

Best new blog and best series for sure, but also personal and politics/current events.

Although there are many great ones to choose from, I think the 9/11 post is your best.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I personally liked your Brownie post best. Truly inspired.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im w/ krum. brownie.

3:33 PM  
Blogger DovBear said...

This one:

http://orthomom.blogspot.com/2005/08/prayer.html

3:45 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

I've only been reading a couple of months, but I'd have thought you fit more easily into "Best Culture".

But it is hard for more rounded blogs to really fit into one category... I think I have the same problem, Krum noted the same thing after you did.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

911, hands down.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home