Powered by WebAds

Monday, November 21, 2005

Blog Recommendations

Just want to take a minute out to point out two blogs that I read regularly. Both are written by fathers who suffered the worst sort of loss - the death of a child. Both are poignantly written, and I find myself going back to read their accounts of the days before and after their respective children's deaths often.

Elie-Expositions are the musings of a father who lost his teenaged son to a sudden illness. His frequent thoughts about life are great, but the posts I find myself reading over and over again are the ones in the sidebar, titled "Aaron's Story". They detail the story of Elie's son Aaron's short hospitalization and death. So sad, but so simply yet beautifully written.

Moving On is a blog written by the father of a beautiful little girl, Nechama Liba, who passed away before her eleventh birthday. She was ill throughout her life, but her father's stories of her faith and cheerful disposition even in the face of a life-threatening condition are truly amazing to read.

I recommend both of these well-written blogs - as much for the uplifting way these parents are coping with their loss, as for the message their stories send to live for every day of life.

11 Comments:

Blogger respondingtojblogs said...

Strange- I chose today to recommend Moving On as well. That blog is so well written and so poignant.

9:47 AM  
Blogger orthomom said...

Wow. That is strange. These blogs are really moving.

9:59 AM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

glens writting makes me love my kids more

12:13 PM  
Blogger Elie said...

Thank you, OrthoMom.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Very nice Mom. I've been reading Glen's writing for some time now (I may have even given him a mention on my blog while back, but I have a feeling more people will see yours)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

OrthoMom; Thanks very much for posting these 2 blogs -- best public blog service in a while (even better than the movie review ;-)

Thanks for sharing.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That gave me a chill - a friend just had a baby girl and named her Nechama Liba.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah.. strange thread )

12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I recently came across your post and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my

first comment. I don't know what to say except that it caught my interest and you've

provided informative points. I will visit this blog often.

Thank you,

Elden


Small Business Loans

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi


Get a better improved ebay FREE at http://www.BuySellDirect.net.


Use http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE service to make a second income.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous eco hotels said...

Hello! Incredible information and very professional, I really enjoy reading this information about. I really love to have more information on the subject and be updated on any updates! thank you very much for sharing!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home