Powered by WebAds

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Passover Packing

I know that cleaning for Pesach is extremely stressful. I know that many of my sisters are on hands and knees, scrubbing under the stove, behind the fridge, in the backs of cabinets, the bottoms of drawers, and inside coat pockets. And I am aware that they consider me lucky to be off to a Pesach program in Southern climes, closing my house up and selling the whole darn thing.

But really, at the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat, it's no fun to pack 1 1/2 weeks worth off dress clothing, swimwear, sportswear, etc. for myself, my hubby and my 4 children. It's no fun to fly 3 hours with 4 children, including an infant. It's no fun to put 4 children, including an infant, into strange surroundings and expect them to sleep well enough for me and my husband to get the semblance of a vacation we are both using up at work. It's no fun to eat every single meal in a large dining room with 40 family members, AND expect your 4 children to sit at a table with you and behave, 3 times a day. And the food at these places generally sucks.

(Please, no flaming from women making Pesach. I HAVE made Pesach at home before. I really do find it easier in some ways, and I'm speaking from experience.)

2 Comments:

Blogger orthomom said...

MO, I HAVE stayed home. I know what it entails. So I understand your wife would have no sympathy for me, but that's because she doesn't realize that she doesn't have to give up spending Yom Tov in her own house, davening in her own shul, with her kids sleeoing in their own beds in the name of Kibbud Av V'Aim. Trust me, it sucks.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Noam S said...

Um, why ARE you going away for pesach then?

Actually having done both(and btw, I actually do the majority of the cooking and my share of the cleaning/shopping), I far and away would rather stay home for Pesach. Especially because all the relatives come and stay at our house. Its great.You lose the feeling of Yomtov when you are away. My wife feels otherwise, so it looks like there will be some sort of yearly rotation.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home